Well....obviously quite a bit has happened since we all met under the Marshdale picnic cover for our team meeting back in March! Hope everyone has stayed safe and healthy over the last couple of months.
With everything that is going on right now I know the decision on whether or not to play lax is an interesting one, so we thought we would just give you some details on what we were thinking as coaches. If we get enough of our players registered (need basically 9-14 for a 7v7 team) we will try and keep our team together and here are some details that you may be pondering. Overall our thinking on this is it would be an opportunity to get outside and play some lax in a very laid back, fun, and safe way but no pressure at all, and it's obviously a very personal decision.
- Practice would be 1 day a week at Stagecoach (Tues, Wed, or Thurs TBD)
- Parents encouraged to social distance on sidelines if you would like to watch or if you want to "drop and go" that's fine as well.
- Practice plan would try to minimize close contact to the extent possible (spaced-out line drills, minimal close 1v1 drills, etc.)
- Coaches will wear masks.
- 6 total games mostly on Sundays (could have a couple during the week).
- Parents highly encouraged to socially distance on sidelines according to state/county guidelines
- Players play normal lax on field.
- On player sideline, will still try to maintain spacing and minimize close contact (no close team cheers, huddles, etc.).
- Coaches will wear masks (and yell extra loud !)
Hopefully, some of these details help you in your thinking around playing. Ping us with any questions. Go to www.mountainlax.com to register if up for it!