The mission of the Mountain Lacrosse League (MLAX) is to provide a safe and fun environment for mountain area youth to learn and play the game of lacrosse. Through grade-level programs open to all interested participants, MLAX teaches the fundamentals of the game while promoting good sportsmanship, respect for all participants, and teamwork.
League Philosophy & Goals:
· To promote lacrosse development for all participants and all skill levels equally while encouraging sportsmanship, team play, and a pure love for the game.
· To encourage players to develop a positive attitude and self-discipline while fostering a high level of commitment to the team and the game of Lacrosse.
· To require that players respect other players, coaches, and referees.
· To develop strong coaching resources to support MLAX player goals and objectives.
· To promote competitive spirit while recognizing that winning games is not the primary focus.
· To engage all those interested in teaching, coaching and supporting our players and teams.
· To be a positive influence on mountain area youth as well as the community at large.